13.3.10

Oscars' Best Makeup: Maggie Gyllenhaal

Makeup How-to
Maggie is the muse of spring. Her Dries Van Noten gown is a swirl of bright colors that fades into white. For her makeup I wanted to bring out the color of her eyes with some depth while keeping with the brightness of her overall style.

We started off the look by refreshing the skin with Jurlique Rose Water spray. Then I prepped the skin with Shu Uemura red:juvenus vitalizing concentrate and lightly moisturized with La Mer moisturizing lotion.

For a flawless complexion I primed Maggie’s skin with COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer (out in July!). Then I lightly applied some Chantecaille future skin foundation in the color ‘cream’ only where she needed it. Then lastly I dusted La Mer powder foundation in ‘Ivory’ to set the skin for the big night. For her amber peachy cheeks I used COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Rich Cinnamon. And dusted some NARS ‘dolce vita’ blush on the apples.

For Maggie’s eyes of layered copper smoke I based her eye with COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Bronze Fire. Next I deepened her lid with NARS soft touch shadow pencil ’skorpios’. Then I blended into the crease Shu Uemura pressed eye shadow ‘p brown 810′ and lastly I lightly dusted Shu Uemura pressed eyeshadow in ‘n me brown 860′ all over the lid for a golden finish. For the undereye, I resmudged the COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast under her lash line to bring out the blue of Maggie’s eyes. Finally I defined her lashes by combining brown and black mascara. I painted the lashes with both colors using COVERGIRL LashBlast Length for perfectly flirty long lashes.

On Maggie’s lips I applied NARS ’schiap’ lip color –it was the perfect shade to finish off the look. Its bright hue matches Maggie’s vibrant sense of style and confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment