13.3.10

Oscars' Best Makeup: Carey Mulligan

Makeup How-to
“This was Carey’s first Oscars so I wanted to make sure she looked age appropriate but still embrace the glamour of the night. Carey’s dress was edgy and elegant so I wanted to keep her makeup looking fresh and youthful. I wanted to enhance the natural beauty of her skin so I used La Mer foundation lightly powdered with La Mer’s translucent powder over that. For her eyes, I used Chanel soft beige and pink shadows from their spice palette. I used MAC’s black track eye liner followed by YSL’s Faux Cils mascara in black. To finish off her eyes I sharpened up her eyebrows with Laura Mercier’s soft blonde brow powder duo. For her cheeks, I wanted to give them a pinched cheek look with Dior’s glowing color powder blush in fruit de la passion. For the finishing touch on her skin, I used Bobbi Brown bronzing powder in medium. And finally on her lips I used Dior addict lip polish 004. I used La Mer body creme on the way out the door to give her body the same glow.” — Georgie Eisdell

No comments:

Post a Comment