“The Christian Siriano hair look for this season is all about different cultures mixing and blending together. The style is a modern bun—full of attitude—with sections of crimped hair cascading over it for texture. It’s a strong, contemporary twist on the classic bun.” — Antoinette Beenders for Aveda
GET THE LOOK
1. Brush hair with a Mason Pearson brush. Pull the top section of hair — from the hairline to the crown — and clip it out of the way.
2. Comb the remaining hair back into a tight, high ponytail and secure with a bungee elastic. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray for hold.
3. Spray Aveda Brilliant™ Spray-On Shine directly onto the bristles of a kabuki-style Aveda Uruku Bronzing Brush. “Paint” the sides of hair with the Uruku Bronzing Brush for shine.
4. Take the ponytail and braid it. Then twist the braid into a bun, securing to the head with bobby pins. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
5. Remove the clip from the remaining top section of hair and comb to the crown. Working with small portions of hair (approximately one inch) at a time, use a micro-crimping iron to add texture from the crown to ends.
6. Brush the hair with a Mason Pearson brush to loosen the crimp. Gently pull the hair over the bun and secure at the base with hair pins. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.
7. Pull a few pieces of hair out of the bun with fingers for extra texture. Set the look with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.
Victoria's Secret Makeup's bronzer/highlighter in Goddess/Afterglow for a super sun-kissed aesthetic. Tone it down a bit more for everyday, as the runway look tends to veer in an extreme direction. The next key element is to apply silky eyeshadow in Snow and Pose with the VS Pro Voluptuous FX Mascara, and top it off with the VS Perfect Lipstick in Whisper.