Taylor Momsen was spotted at Marchesa and Anna Sui’s A/W 2009 shows wearing NARS Cosmetics. Taylor Momsen portrays the character Jenny Humphrey on The CW television series Gossip Girl.
“Taylor wanted a smoky, strong eye - her signature look,” said NARS Makeup Artist Sharon Brown. “I used Black Moon Eyeliner Pencil to rim her eyes and smudge over the entire lid.”
…Blue shadow was layered for a pop of color. Finally, Cyprus, a bronze shadow with shimmer, was added for a flawless transition into her next outfit.“She was wearing a beautiful dress with copper accents later that night so I wanted the look to work well into the evening.” With the eyes as the focus, the cheeks were kept soft and highlighted, and the lips were delicately glossed with a new sheer pink grapefruit shade for spring.
Below is Sharon’s step-by-step to recreate Taylor’s look:
· Mix NARS Firming Foundation in Deauville and NARSskin brightening serum to create an even base with a subtle glow ["She certainly doesn't need the firming benefits of the foundation, but I love the texture," explained Sharon]
· Apply NARS Duo Concealer in Custard/Ginger as needed
· Blend NARS Cream Blush in Penny Lane into cheeks
· Highlight cheekbones with a soft blend of NARS Blush Duo in Hungry Heart
· Line the top and bottom lashes with NARS Eyeliner Pencil in Black Moon
· Smudge Black Moon over entire lid ["For Taylor's eye makeup, the darker the better," said Sharon.]
· Apply slate blue side of NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Underworld for a pop of color
· Layer NARS Single Eyeshadow in Night Flight, using cobalt blue pearls to accentuate Underworld
· Top with a light dusting of NARS Single Eyeshadow in Cyprus
· Highlight brow bone with NARS Single Eyeshadow in Aybssinia
· Line lips with NARS Lip Liner Pencil in Tonga (Summer 2009)
· Apply NARS Lip Gloss in Sweet Revenge for sheer color (Spring 2009)