Inspired by 1960s iconic Danish actress Anna Karina, Wu showcased a chic collection fused with nautical flair. And to round out the sophisticated designs, the beauty team perfected easy, breezy looks.
The Jason Wu hair look for Resort 2011 is a slightly tousled, modernized braid that is both innocent and sexy. The freshness of the braid complements the romantic florals and pretty plaids in Jason’s collection.” —Jenn Chiminiello for Aveda
Get the Look - Hair
1. Prep damp hair with Aveda Brilliant Damage Control to add shine and protect hair from the hazards of heat styling. Then massage Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam from roots to ends to add body. Blow-dry with a round brush, curling the ends of hair under as you dry.
2. Use a comb to create a messy part wherever hair parts naturally. For extra volume at the crown, backcomb the roots with a fine-toothed comb.
3. Divide hair into two side sections and one back section. Create a tight braid with the back section of hair and secure at the end with a clear elastic band.
4. Take the left section of hair and lace through the braid, securing at the bottom with a clear elastic band, on top of the elastic already holding the braid. Repeat with right section of hair. Front of the face and secure with bobby pins at each side of the braid, behind the ears. Secure other loose strands into the braid as needed.
5. Finish by spraying the braid liberally with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray to keep hair steadily in place.
Get the Look - Makeup
Created especially for Shiseido's Chinese makeup brand, Supreme Aupres, the teal, pink, and gold cases held shimmering eyeshadows. But if you want to get your hands on the Jason Wu beauty gems, you'll have to head to China where the limited-edition compacts will be available this September.
Start with a clear and even complexion. Tone down lips by muting out with foundation. Sweep pink blush (Luminizing Satin Face Color in Carnation, a petal pink) onto the cheekbones. Smooth on layers of gold cream and powder eyeshadow ( Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow in Lemon Sugar and Luminizing Satin Eye Color in new color Ocean Sunset). Line upper lid with a teal liquid liner.
For nails, ZOYA artist Amber Stores custom blended true beiges to coat them gracefully.