Meet Mo- expert makeup artist from TV show BLUSH on My Lifetime. Maura, a.k.a “Mo,” is passionate and perky, and believes her outgoing personality is what sets her apart from other makeup artists. She attended two prestigious makeup schools and has worked on numerous celebrities, including Sarah Ferguson. Her ability to wear any look makes her stand out in a crowd.
Mo’s top makeup tools no woman should be without:
1. TWEEZERS: Leave the real grooming to the professionals, but you never know when or where a stray hair may pop up. Women should always have a small set of tweezers on them; especially since stray hairs are easier to see in the natural daylight.
2. SUNSCREEN: Sunscreen is your best anti-aging product. Sunscreens block out the sun’s damaging rays, and also blocks their aging effects. I recommend choosing a sunscreen with a SPF 15 or higher. The sun will break down its effectiveness over time; if you are going to be in direct sunlight for an extended period of time, reapply every hour or two.
3. CONCEALER BRUSH: You will be amazed when you switch from using your fingers for applying concealer, to using a concealer brush. The makeup will blend easier and it will not cake. If you wear liquid foundation, apply your concealer after the foundation to avoid blending the spots where you want more coverage.
4. EYE BROW BRUSH: This synthetic brush and comb combination is ideal for grooming brown and separating lashes. Use with or without mascara to separate eye lashes after makeup application and to brush brows into place. Women should never use pins or extremely sharp combs to separate lashes.
5. THIN LINING BRUSH: This brush has a tapered shape that provides a precise, clear line. A liner brush can be used with the powder or cream eye shadow, and for applying liquid eyeliner. Take a small amount of liquid liner from the tube or pot and place it on the back of your hand. Run the thin brush through the liner removing any excess product and line your eyes with the brush. The brush may also be used to fill in brows with a soft matte shadow.
6. LIP BALM: The primary purpose of lip balm is to provide a layer on the lips surface to seal moisture in and protect them from external exposure. Many lip balms now have sunscreen in them as well as soft colors that provide protection with enhanced cosmetic appeal. Unless you lips are severely chapped or you have a cold sore, use a non-medicated lip balm like Burt’s Bees or Epicuren. You can also use a small amount of clear lip balm to help keep brows in place.